- Anest Iwata was the 1st firm to bring to market a commercially viable Dry Scroll Vacuum Pump.
- Anest Iwata manufactures these pumps for Edwards, Varian, Leybold and Ulvac and they are sold under private label agreements.
- SynSysCo maintains all of these pumps.
History of Edwards, Varian, Leybold and Ulvac Private Labeled Anest Iwata Pumps.
However, since Anest Iwata was a Dry Scroll Compressor Company, and was not familiar with the global vacuum market, it contracted with Edwards Vacuum and Varian Vacuum to globally sell the pumps under their own names. Anest Iwata manufactured the pumps, put Edwards and Varian labels on them and then Edwards and Varian sold them globally. This occurred in “1995-1999”.
- Anest Iwata sold the pumps in Japan under their own name as the ISP-250 and the ISP-500
- For Edwards, these were privately labeled as the ESDP-12 and the ESDP-30.
- For Varian, these were privately labeled as the DS300 and the DS600. 51
This was the 1st generation of Anest Iwata Dry Scroll Pumps and they were called “A” Series pumps. The “A” series pumps are now Legacy Pumps and have been superseded by “B” and “C” series pumps.
Repair of “A” Series Edwards and Varian Legacy Scroll Pumps:”‘ 1995-1999
- “A” series pumps can be rebuilt using crankshafts, pin-cranks, seals and bearings.
- However the “A” series major scroll module parts (FSl, FS2 and OS) are slightly different than the “B” and “C” series pumps and are not interchangeable with the “B” and “C” series.
- So, if a major scroll is damaged on an “A” series pump module, the module is NOT repairable.
- However, a latest generation “C” module can be purchased and it will bolt directly onto the “A” series motor.
“B” Series ISP Pumps, the introduction of the DVSL Serles Pumps, and exit of Varian “1999 – 2007”
- Anest Iwata next released the ISP250B and ISP-500B. These pumps had several mechanical improvements and the scroll spiral is slightly different than the “A” series.
- The “B” series introduced the Air Flush Circuit to assist in the removal of water from the scroll when they are in higher moisture applications.
- The “B” series also has an improved the exhaust check valve assembly.
- Edwards had the ISP-500B private labeled for them as the Edwards GVSP-30.
- Anest Iwata introduced the DVSL-100 and DVSL-500 for higher moisture applications.
- Varian ended its private label agreement, decided to compete with Anest Iwata and released the TriScroll PTS-300 and the PTS-600
“C” Series Pumps and the private labeling of pumps for Leybold and Ulvac”‘ 2003- present
- The latest generation of ISP pumps is the “C” series, which integrates the Flush circuit into the scroll casting, thus eliminating a possible leak path associated with the “B” series Air Flush Circuit.
- Scroll module parts FSl, FS2 and OS are interchangeable between the “B” Series and “C” series, so “B” series pumps can have their FSl, FS2 and OS components replaced using “C” series parts.
- Anest Iwata “C” series models consist of the “Scroll Meister” models ISP-1000C, ISP-500C, ISP-250C, ISP-90C, and ISP-50C.
- Leybold has these pumps manufactured for them by Anest Iwata and then labeled as the Leybold SC 60 D, SC 30 D, SC 15 D, SC 5 D
- Ulvac has these pumps manufactured for them by Anest Iwata and then labeled as the Ulvac DIS-501, DIS-251, and DIS-90.
- Ulvac also has the Anest Iwata DVSL series private labeled for them as the Ulvac DISL-101 and DISL-502
|ISP-1000||SC 60 D|
|DS-600||SC 30 D||DIS-501|
|ISP-250C||ESDP-12||DS-300||SC 15 D||DIS-251|
|ISP-90||SC 5 D||DIS-90|
Contact us if you have any questions.